Welcome to my blog! This is a place where I will provide caregiver tips, resources for cancer information and financial help, and suggestions to assist those who are going through a devastating medical diagnosis. I might include excerpts from our books and some “outtakes” that didn’t make it into my book. You may suggest in the “Comments” section other topics you’d like me to cover in this blog related to caregiving or cancer.
In His Love Carries Me, I share our cancer journey (including the good, the bad, and the ugly moments) through my eyes as my husband’s caregiver and advocate. For those whose lives have been touched by a life-threatening disease, you can probably relate to the questions below. For family and friends, my book will help you better understand what your loved ones may be going through or have been through.
- Were we angry with God?
- Did we ever doubt our faith?
- Were we really handling things as well as we appeared to outsiders?
- Did we lose hope for a future?
- Were we terrified?
- How long did it take to find effective treatment?
- Was it difficult to make decisions on treatment plans?
- What’s it like being in a clinical trial?
- What assistance from others did we find helpful?
- How did we discuss the ominous possibility of What if . . . ?
- Did we plan for the worst-case scenario?
- How did our marriage endure?
- What problems did we encounter, and how did we handle them?
- How did we defeat the disease?
I answer these questions and much more in my book.
Be sure to subscribe to receive automatic notifications of new posts via e-mail.